Our Temple’s Vision is to expand and build a larger temple in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and to facilitate worship and services based on Shirdi Sai Baba Temple, Shirdi, Maharastra, India. In order to accomplish this Vision, we need help from each and everyone of you. You can support us by becoming a member of the temple.
The Temple shall have only one class of members as set forth in Bylaws, more specifically Life Members. Membership in this Temple shall consist of all persons who have met the qualifications of a particular class of membership of the Temple and are listed on the membership roll. Candidates for membership shall be presented to the Board of Directors for consideration. After fulfillment of the conditions of class of membership, the members shall have all the rights, privileges and responsibilities of a member of the Temple. The Board of Directors may adopt and amend application procedures for membership in the Temple. Members are entitled to vote in person or by proxy.
Qualifications for Membership
- The minimum qualifications for membership are as follows:
- Members must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba.
- Completion of each calendar year’s membership application form.
- Support of the Mission-Vision of Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW.
- Payment in full of membership dues as recommended.
- Attendance of General Body Meetings either in person or by proxy.
- Volunteer to serve the Temple.
- Agreement to abide by the bylaws of the Temple.
- Approval of the membership application form by the Board of Directors.
Membership identification will only be issued upon payment in full of the membership dues and acceptance and approval of the membership application by the Board of Directors. If a membership application is rejected by the Board of Directors, the applicant’s fees will be refunded in full.
2. Life Member Rights and Responsibilities:
Life Members must pay Life Member fee as established by the Board of Directors. The fee must only be paid one time by the Life Member, and no further fees are required from the Life Member. Life Members must agree to abide by the Temple’s membership covenant. The names of Life Members will be added to the Sankalpa List during the four (4) major festivals celebrated in the temple (Ramanavami, Guru Purnima, Sai Punyathithi, and Temple Anniversary). Life Members are the only members eligible to serve on the Board of Directors or to serve as an officer of the Temple. Life Members have the right to vote on the election of the Board of Directors and changes to the Bylaws of the Temple.
How to become a member?
The process is very simple. Please follow the instructions below.
- Download the Membership Form
- Fill-out the form indicating Life membership.
- Drop it in the temple office or mail it to:
Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW
Dallas, TX 75379-7354
- If you are paying the membership dues by check, make it payable to “Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW“.
- If you are paying by cash, enclose it in an envelope and write your name on it. You can drop the dues (check/cash) in the temple hundi.