Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW
History of the Temple:
Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple was created with the aim of serving as a Sarva-Dharma place of worship that promotes the teachings of Sri Shirdi Sai Baba. On November 20th 2004, Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW was inaugurated. The festivities began at 7:30 a.m. with Ganesh Puja. The function was conducted following all the Vedic rites of establishment of a Temple with Sthana-Prathishtha, Ganapathi Homam, and Sai Gayathri Homam among other pujas of Sri Sai Baba. The function was attended by well over a hundred devotees.
You will find it very interesting to know the following two divine coincidences regarding the location of the temple.
- The old temple on 2109 W. Parker Road, Plano, was situated next to a Church which was next to a Muslim place of worship, truly exemplifying Baba’s sarva Dharma principle
- The old temple in which Baba was first consecrated, used to be a mosque earlier. This is just like “Dwarakamai” in Shirdi which also used to be a dilapiteted mosque until Baba inhabited it. This is truly a divine coincidence.
Construction of the New Temple:
On 18th August 2011, the temple purchased 5.51 acres of land located at 2699 W. Plano Parkway, Plano in preparation for the construction of the new temple and to fulfill our mission to provide a larger place of worship for the devotees of Shirdi Sai Baba. The master plan is to build a total of 43,854 sq-ft grand design concept constructed over several phases. The Phase 1 of this project consisting of 16782 sq-ft was launched in Q2 of 2014 when we performed the Bhuvana Garbha Vinyasa puja on the new site as part of the first step towards a healthy construction.
Designs were created and finalized and a general contractor was selected for the project. Construction began in Nov 2015 and was finally completed in Q4 2018 with the issuance of Certificate of Occupancy by the city of Plano on 12 Oct 2018. Phase 1 of the project consisted of the Main Mandir, Gurusthan, Dwarakamai, Chavadi, Kitchen, Multipurpose Hall and Classrooms. Life size Baba Murthi for the new temple was sculpted by Sri Rajiv Thalim of Mumbai India (grandson of Sri B.V. Thalim who sculpted the original Baba Murthy in Shirdi Sansthan India). The Bianco marble for this project was specially procured from the best quarries in Carrera, Italy. Baba Murthy was first taken to Shirdi Sansthan in India to get consecrated before bringing it to USA.
New Temple Inauguration Ceremony
The new temple grand opening ceremony and Shirdi Baba Praana Pratishta ceremony was the first major step in the history of the new temple. Priests from Shirdi Sansthan India joined us to perform all the pujas and ceremonies related to the 3-day event. The event started on Tue 19th Feb 2019 with Sri Ganesha Stawan. On Thu 21 Feb 2019, Baba murthi prana Pratishta was done followed by the first madhyana aarti in the new temple at 12 noon. The celebration continued over the weekend with the local community coming together for various cultural programs. Since the inauguration of the temple, our 2 priests manage all the puja activities in the temple.
Uniqueness of Our Temple
- First Dedicated Shirdi Baba Temple in North Texas and was founded on 20 Nov 2004.
- Temple is 100% owned by the community and is operated with the continued support of 3 full-time priests, 200+ dedicated volunteers and over 1000 donors.
- The temple is non-soliciting, non-fundraising, non-commercial and a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
- The land for the new temple construction was purchased with 100% cash.
- Priests from Shirdi Sansthan, India performed the Baba Praana Prathistha on 21 Feb 2019.
- The life size Baba Murthi was sculpted by the grandson of Shirdi Sansthan Murthi sculptor.
- The marble used for the Murthi came from the finest quarry in Carrara, Italy.
- Baba Murthi was first consecrated at Shirdi Sansthan, India prior to bringing it to USA.
- The temple is managed by nine board of directors with equal power elected in December of every year.
Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with Federal Tax ID #20-1898251.
Please contact us for more details.